Tuesday, May 10, 2016

January & February 2016

January consisted of Estrace and a sample of our GC's lining being sent to Yale for the EFT. Not incredibly exciting, but still, more progress.

At the end of January, the nurse called me saying our GC was clear (YAY!) and she could call to make an appointment for baseline blood work (wait, WHAATTT, WE DON'T HAVE A CONTRACT YET!). I immediately emailed our lawyer explaining that we were at least 6 weeks out in regards to the transfer and it was imperative that we get the contract in place sooner rather than later. She had the draft ready for us and assured me that it "usually" takes 1-2 weeks to settle. 

1-2 weeks my rear-end. Like I said before, always at the mercy of others.... 

Question- in some (not all) professions, isn't it necessary to do work after hours? I teach from the hours of 8 AM to 3:45 PM, so when is it that I am able to plan, grade papers, answer parent emails, make copies, and prepare for the following days/weeks? THAT WOULD BE AFTER SCHOOL IS OVER. No, not all the time, but I actually TEACH my kids and often have to use the hours after they leave to fulfill my duties and responsibilities as an educator. Ok, off my soapbox! 

By the end of February, the contract was finally in place and Lupron shots began.

... stay tuned my friends... 





  


No comments:

Post a Comment