Wednesday, April 20, 2016

October 2015

...when your heart (not your expectation) drives your decisions...


The first match our lawyer brought forward was "perfect" (she had been a successful GC previously), cue in serious excitement. There was one catch though: she wasn't local. This frustrated us because we had strict criteria and although we budgeted for this next stage in our infertility journey, travel expenses were not part of that budget and we also knew Dr. G would not transfer his care to another doctor. We had to pass and the wait continued.

Fast forward to another match and when we finally met her, my expectations were at an all time high. I wanted to have an instant connection. I wanted to feel something. I wanted to just know.

Well ladies, when you have set the bar at an unrealistic height, you find yourself at a crossroads. We did not just know it was right. We talked, a lot. We looked at our criteria again. She met every requirement. When we called our lawyer to give our decision, she asked this:

"Can you trust her with carrying your baby?"

The answer was an instant yes. Absolutely we could trust her, no question. In my heart, I knew she could provide us with the one thing I cannot.

No part of this process is simple and I never imagined it would be (jumping through hoops comes with the territory). Our GC is a selfless, compassionate soul and we couldn't be more thrilled to begin this next phase of our journey with her.

4 comments:

  1. This is such exciting news!! So happy for you guys. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such exciting news! Hoping for some more GREAT news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goosebumps..... What a cliffhanger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you'll be sharing more. I can't wait to follow and cheer from the sidelines. I am so excited for you S!

    ReplyDelete