Monday, September 22, 2014

PIO is my arch nemesis.

y'all... I do not know how it's possible that I could forget how amazing these shots make my rear feel.... I limped around work today like nobody's business.

wimp is my middle name, but I'd like to think my skin has gotten a wee bit thicker over the past few years between the needles, catheters, and overall loveliness of the fertility drugs. apparently though, my back side is no contest to the awesomeness of PIO.

I didn't use ice last night, so I'll try that tonight... but I did sit on a heating pad, which clearly didn't help.

in my instructions, it says "remember that a tense muscle will increase the discomfort from the injection". no SHIT.

so excuse me while I hop on the pity party train for a few miles... I know you've all felt this form of physical pain before and you get it... but man, my strength is really being tested right now and I'm struggling.

7 comments:

  1. Yah, PIO is no fun at all. It helped me to remember why I was doin it. Walking after helped too so my muscles didn't tighten up too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They aren't fun at all, but it's a means to a beautiful beginning!! Sending you so much love for this transfer!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that so much, thank you!!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ughhh, girl, I am SO sorry. I actually escaped 4 IUIs, a fresh IVF transfer and a frozen embryo transfer without PIO, so I actually have to idea how bad it is (thank goodness). From everything I've read, it's awful thought and some people definitely seem to have worse reactions than others. Hoping you can find a few tricks to at least alleviate some of the pain and discomfort. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blech, not a fan of IM shots. Just envision all that amazing medicine going straight to that lining of yours...like an army of little troopers holding it up and making it strong to catch the embryo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't experienced these but I have heard all about them..yuck! But it will all be worth it when you are holding your baby in your arms :)

    ReplyDelete