Monday, August 11, 2014

test results!

well folks, we have some test results. let me just say that I'm still in a little bit of shock...
- 1 embryo is abnormal: missing chromosomes 3 and 21
- 2 embryos have to be retested: the sample cells did not have any nuclei and my doctor said this can happen as they only take a small sample to begin with because they don't want to damage the embryo
- which means, if you can do some simple grade school math... we have TWO NORMAL EMBRYOS
....this all also means that we COULD potentially have between 2 and 4 viable embryos. WAIT, WHAT?!!?!?!? I mean, I am OVER THE MOON with 2, because I didn't think we'd even get ONE!

I start Lupron shots on Wednesday and one of these perfect little embryos will be transferred in September.

there's a lot of unknown still, but I fully trust that Dr. G will get us the one thing we've always wanted.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
- Eleanor Roosevelt 




6 comments:

  1. I couldn't be happier for your results!! Such amazing news!! You on your way to your precious dream coming true. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah, this is such fantastic news! September can't come any sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so wonderful!!! I am so happy for you! Looking forward to your transfer in September!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Sarah this is AMAZING! I'm so happy for you! Hoping your dream come true is one the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best post EVER!!! In so happy for you, Sarah. What wonderful news. Hoping this cycle brings your baby.

    ReplyDelete