Thursday, July 24, 2014

surprised. (updated)

I decided to do something yesterday that was very unlike me.

Since I started this blog, I've been so lucky to have gained not only tremendous support and kindness from you lovely ladies, but I've also formed some really wonderful friendships. However, beyond this community, not many people know what I've endured over the past 3 years. I have never wanted understanding (because no one understands unless they struggle themselves) or sympathy, so I just didn't feel the need to air my [infertile] dirty laundry.

Since I started this particular cycle of IVF, I realized that in a way, I've been hiding. I don't consider myself a strong person but I do put on a brave face on even the toughest of days.

So, I let the IG world know that infertility is my reality. I was actually quite shocked at the amount of messages and emails I received. I shed quite a few tears last night as I read through and realized how many people are pulling for us.

Although I'm not one to ask for prayers, the overflow of love and support worked. Out of 18 follicles, we got 13 eggs. THIRTEEN! I went in today thinking that 10 would suffice. Now I can't help but be hopeful that many of those 13 are mature and will fertilize tomorrow.

"Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome." 

**I guess I was way out of it yesterday after the retrieval and "13" was the doctor's first count. We actually ended up having 14 eggs, and drumroll please.... 13 of them fertilized! I'll get an update on Monday :)

7 comments:

  1. This is such wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such great news!! Having as much support as you can get helps so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such amazing news and I couldn't be happier about all the support you're receiving. 13 eggs!! I'm THRILLED by this!! Continuing to send so much love you way, dear Sarah!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news!! How many will you transfer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this!!! Things are off to a fantastic start!!!! So happy you're getting the support you deserve. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek! How did I miss this!?!? Hoping you've gotten some great news since then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just keeps getting better! 13 out of 14 to fertilize is outstanding! I'm hoping you had as many as possible make it to blast and/or that you're already PUPO by now!

    ReplyDelete