Tuesday, July 8, 2014

an improved outlook...

A newfound hope has come over me that has been absent for a REALLY long time. During our last IVF cycle, I was excited, but I was also very new to this crazy world of infertility. I was unaware of the measures that we could have taken, but my doctor never offered. Hell, he "had no reason to believe IVF wouldn't work". HA! I'm angry we stuck around for as long as we did, but I've spent too many of my days regretting that path and I can't change it now. With that said, I've been thinking about the major differences between this upcoming cycle and the last cycle... and maybe that's where this hope has stemmed from.
- I've been eating pretty clean since March (minus 2 weeks in Italy for which I cannot hold myself responsible for the excessive amount of gelato, pizza, wine, and pasta I consumed... and also some cheating here and there, but NOTHING like my eating habits a year and a half ago)
- I'm pumping my body full of pre-natal vitamins, as well as vitamins C, D, & E, calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids (and have been for months).
- It's summer... not the hectic time in between Thanksgiving and Christmas (not to mention I'm not surrounded by germ-infested kiddos).
... all this has to account for something, don't you think??

My desire to become a mother is deeper than it's ever been. This has to be successful... and if we don't get any viable embryos, then we'll lay all of our options out on the table and go from there. I have a lot of confidence in Dr. G, he knows I wanted to be pregnant yesterday.

11 comments:

  1. Yay! I love it Sarah! Love the optimism, love the hope, love the outlook! I'm really hoping Dr. G has some special tricks up his sleeves. I too am SO frustrated and sad that our doctor took the "had no reason to believe IVF wouldn't work" approach, but there's no use crying over it now. Ever onward! I'm excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much gelato! I love your newfound enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I ate as much as I could have ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for you and have hope you will have viable embryos and babies! Your habits wil definitely improve the outcome of this cycle, and I'm so happy you feel safe with Dr. G. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all of this does make a difference! It's so great to hear about your new outlook! Praying that you get the most amazing embryos and all goes smoothly with the best outcome of your baby!!! This is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hopefulness!!! I do think those things can't hurt your chances...for sure. Good luck my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing the hopefulness in your words. This post makes me smile. I'm so excited for you and so hopeful that things are falling into place this time. Sending you lots and lots of hugs, luck and prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I love the enthusiasm and faith you have in this upcoming cycle. Hoping for the best outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping with you girl!! This is a new cycle and new circumstances so the outcome can 100 percent be different. Hope on! hehe

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete