Monday, June 2, 2014

we shall see.

Much to my surprise, our little frosty survived the thaw, biopsy, and is currently freezing again. The nurse called today and said the biopsy was sent out and we should have the results by the end of the week.

Although I don't want to put myself through IVF again (which, I'm being realistic here, I do think will still happen this summer), I was prepared to hear the embryo didn't survive. Now, I'm hoping it's abnormal. I know this may sound terrible, but after 3 years at this, I would really like at least ONE logical explanation as to WHY I haven't gotten pregnant.

I'm not one to be overly optimistic [or optimistic at all, ha!], but maybe this is our one shot... maybe this last embryo is our 1 normal embryo out of the 4 that we got from our last cycle of IVF. It's out of our hands now, so we shall see...


7 comments:

  1. What I really hope for you is that you get all the answers you need that will point you in the right direction. Maybe if this little embie is normal, it could really be YOUR baby. I am hoping and praying for that for you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little surviving the thaw is definitely a fighter! I hope the results support that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get some good answers Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you get the answers you are needing but more so that this embie is your baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly wouldn't be the first woman to get pregnant with the very last embryo they had on ice. If that embryo tests normal, you have every reason in the world to be optimistic! Routing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're in my heart! I am praying this is the one. He/she just wanted a winter 2015 due date, Mama. :) xoxo ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and hoping for clarity. Either answers or baby…I pray something positive comes out of this for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete