Thursday, May 8, 2014

moving forward

Our appointment yesterday was more promising than my pessimistic self had anticipated...

- We can biopsy our one frozen embryo... if it is normal, we will refreeze (which I didn't know was even an option), and a transfer will happen after our trip to Italy- Lupron and all. (If that doesn't result in a positive beta, then we will be back to square one...)
- If the embryo isn't normal, Dr. G will look closely at the results and decide if IVF is the best option depending on any abnormalities of the embryo/my egg.
- Donor eggs aren't on the horizon just yet... I was jumping the gun. He isn't convinced that my eggs are bad...

I've had a day to process this all... and I'm not sure what I think.

What I do know is he absolutely has a realistic plan for us and is covering every base possible before we go forward with alternative options of donor eggs, a gestational carrier/surrogate, or even adoption.

I also know I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet... I'm not ready to give up on my [rather broken] body. I'm not naive and know that time isn't on my side, and this break didn't result in a pregnancy (shocking I know, considering I've been so "relaxed").

We shall see. For now, I have to focus on this last frosty and hope it can give us some answers.

Thank you ladies for your continued support and love, I couldn't do this without you. xo

6 comments:

  1. It's hard to know what to think when you are going through all of this, but I'm excited that you have a realistic plan that hopefully will get you more of the answers you need and are looking for. We also have decided to test our embryos- I am not happy about all the money it will cost, but we need answers too, so we are testing.
    You are too funny- I also am shocked you didn't get pregnant while you relaxed ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the consult went well and that you feel good about the plan! Hoping for some good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you have some renewed hope thanks to your new doctor. Sometimes that can go along way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your consult went well and it's great that your Dr. thinks pregnancy can still be accomplished with your own eggs. Sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for still having a frostie at your disposal. Sounds like a good plan to me! Oh how wonderful it would be if you became pregnant off that last remaining embryo. Happens all the time, so keep hope that it can!

    ReplyDelete