Monday, May 12, 2014

an act of kindness

Surprisingly, yesterday wasn't as dreadful of a day as it has been over the past few years since we started this journey. I took the usual measures of not going out in public to save myself the awkward interactions that would ensue if I was wished a "Happy Mother's Day" (which still, did actually happen on Saturday, but shockingly didn't bother me).

One thing did happen yesterday that proves to me how thoughtful and caring my circle of friends really are. I did take it upon myself to wish my friends who are mommies a "Happy Mother's Day", and although I never once expected anything other than "thank you" back, the following was a message that will forever be close to my heart:

"Good afternoon! I just wanted you to know that on Mother's Day I am thinking of you! I know one day you are going to get your dream of being a mom and you will be one of the best out there. I can only imagine that a day like this must be so difficult. Because of you, I will never take for granted what was given to me. I love you so much and know this will happen for you! xoxo" 

A gesture like this is beyond words, and I'm forever grateful that my mommy friends recognize and respect the place I'm in. I'm so thankful for the wonderful people in my life :)

6 comments:

  1. That message made me cry. What a thoughtful gesture. A+++++++!!! So glad it wasn't as bad you though this year, and I'm guessing that friend's message helped...just to be validated and remembered is such a huge help. I agree with her. I know this will happen for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a sweet gesture! So thoughtful of your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's super sweet! I love when people reach out, especially the ones you never expect. I got a message on Sunday from a girl four years younger than I that I haven't seen since I graduated from HIGH SCHOOL!!! She just wanted to say she was thinking of me... amazing. Hoping Mother's Day feels much, much better for you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super kind thing to say to you. Little things like that from friends that don't understand, but obviously care enough to realize how hard this is for us mean the world. They are few and far between. I'm so glad you have a friend like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. .... and then there are those who get it, acknowledge it, and are totally sincere. Oh these friends will be in MUCH celebration with you soon. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! I love this friend and her kindness/thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete