Monday, April 21, 2014

true friendship in an infertile's world is rare.

I don't know what my deal with posting is lately. I think that although this is MY space, my place to be honest and vent, and reveal my most inner thoughts, I am tired of being the downer. Looking back at my most recent posts, it seems like the only thing I want to do is punch the world [and reality] in the face (I do sometimes, but that's besides the point). Maybe the withdrawal I'm going through from not eating pasta and bread is causing me to be more cranky...

Last week, I went out to dinner with some wonderful friends. They always know how to support me... and I shared with them how this process has made me feel like I always have a bullseye on my back, like I'm always the bad guy. Despite the fact that THIS in its entirety is plain awful, I still (we still), have to deal with the repercussions of the manner in which we handle ourselves. The ignorance of others and their judgmental thinking causes such a great amount of frustration in me. Newsflash: there is no quick fix for infertility. Solutions given by those who refuse to acknowledge that infertility is a real, painful issue are unwelcome. PERIOD.

When it comes down to it, what matters most is the two of us and the people who have and continue to stand beside us.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you have anyone that would be unsupportive or not acknowledge how real and painful infertility truly is. I'm pretty sure I would want to punch them in the face too! I know what it's like to feel like all your posts are sad or down or angry. But it is your space and you feel what you feel. You have so many people here that will support you, no matter what emotions you are dealing with. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that you have some good friends that support you. I can relate to how you feel though. You are in NO way the bad guy. This is hard and anyone else who would have to go through this would struggle just as much- maybe more. There definitely is no quick fix, and people just don't get that! You will always have my support, so share whatever you are feeling :)
    Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pasta and bread? Bless your heart ... Hang on to those friends who aren't complete morons. They really are quite rare. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had pizza last night and my problems disappeared. For at least that night. I feel ya on friendships. Honestly for me after so many years some people will never understand. I've accepted that. But it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. I forget not to blog directly after those moments of judgement and un understanding. And I feel so negative and like the bad guy. But I accept that for now. It makes me feel better. And if venting on my personal blog makes me feel better. I will damn well take what I can get. Don't feel bad about it. Not saying you do. But I understand

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry cut off....understand how it feels to try to be the bigger person all the time and deal with inconsiderate assholes. Keep your head up. Many hugs.

    ReplyDelete