Tuesday, April 8, 2014

the dream

I've had many dreams over the past few years about being pregnant (even before we started trying), but never have I had a dream where I woke up remembering everything so vividly.
... physically feeling like I had actually given birth, holding my baby, having a conversation about feedings and diaper changes with my husband. It felt so real.

When the velocity of this dream sunk in, it was difficult to hold back tears. I don't even want to try to interpret this, and I can't help but wonder if this was more of a nightmare rather than a "dream".... because only having that moment in my deepest slumber instead of in real life is my worst nightmare.

damn you, dreams.

5 comments:

  1. I hate it when dreams leave you feeling more upset than when you went to bed! I hope this dream truly is your reality soon! I know the fear of this dream not coming to pass and the nightmare though. It sucks! I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dream. That's exactly what it was...beautiful and perfect. Don't let it be a nightmare and think those fearful thoughts. Focus on it being a sneak peak into your long awaited future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had dreams that have turned into sad realities when I woke up. Just keep dreaming. I know it will finally happen for you. Lets just consider it a bit of foreshadowing of things to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I hate pregnancy/baby dreams ... Seriously, pure hell. I hope your heart is doing better today, friend. :) xoxo ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping this dream was a premonition. That's what I'm believing for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete