Wednesday, April 30, 2014

appointment.

I called and made an appointment with our new RE a few weeks ago. Our appointment is next week. Cue the panic attacks. This has been the longest break since we started this journey, and I almost feel unprepared going into this consultation to discuss our next steps. Then I remembered all the crap I've been reading over the past few months and am feeling over-prepared [which really isn't possible at this point]. I feel almost as if I know TOO much, and have 1,000 questions. Like, after everything we've been through in these 3+ years of TTC, why have I NEVER gotten pregnant? If my lining is "normal", then wth?! Or, what happens if we go through a fresh cycle of IVF, and none of the embryos survive (we only had 4 last time, and we all know how that panned out)? Or, what if they do survive, we biopsy them all, and none of them are normal and worth transferring? Or, do we even bother with my eggs and consider donor eggs?

Despite my recent posts (and cheerful mood), I have a lot of faith invested in this RE. I have high hopes of this appointment next week, and honestly, I believe he can give us what we have been desperately wanting. So Dr. G, cut the crap and tell me what the best scenario is because the clock's ticking and the big 32 is quickly sneaking up on me AND my eggs.

In the meantime, I'm going to give a little shoutout to a fellow blogger and wonderful friend (you know who are)... for getting a long overdue victory and punching infertility in the face.
Love you girl :)


9 comments:

  1. I hope you get all the answers you need. I will be interested to hear what they say. We are also probably going to be testing our embryos and one of the first things my husband asked was what if we lose them all? I hate all the unknowns! Good luck with this new RE! I hope he can figure out exactly what you need. I'm curious how did you decide on him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm so excited for your appointment! I am praying he can give you more insight, guidance, etc. because it's been too long and you deserve this NOW! Ugh, it must be sooo frustrating not knowing what the deal is!

    Oh, congrats to your friend. :) I think she's really nervous waiting for her second beta ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it looks like that second beta is PERFECT!!!!!!! xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Sending tons of positive vibes for the most productive consult ever and a new and improved direction you can get excited about! Pulling for you always Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em :) Hope you are feeling well- you look amazing!

      Delete
  4. Good luck at your consult! Hoping he's got lots of answers and a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope you get some answers and a strong game plan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that you are feeling so hopeful with the new RE appointment on the horizon. I can't wait to hear how it goes. It's time you had a bit of happy…you deserve a win. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I am not sure if I have commented on your blog before but have read along for a bit. For some reason I was thinking you were from Houston? I went to/will be going to HFI so I was just curious if you have used them and what your thought was or who you have used in Houston and would you recommend them? We didn't seek much treatment last time so when we go back we'll be getting more agressive. Anyway, if I am wrong on your location sorry about that haha. I have no idea where I got that from. Best of luck to you though on your upcoming appointment :)

    ReplyDelete