Monday, January 6, 2014

lame.

Have I mentioned that I LOATHE working with a staff that is 98% female? You know, I've done well lately… limiting my social media time (Facebook to be exact) in an attempt to help myself in feeling like I'm not a part of the rest of the world. Can I please ask why it's necessary to send a staff-wide email announcing a pregnancy??? Do people really need that much attention and/or recognition? To each their own, but I'm just going to say it… it's lame. So, thank you lame co-worker for ruining a perfectly good day back to work. You sure did a fine job of snapping me back into reality. Stay-at-home wife is sounding better and better…

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what percentage of females it is; I learned today two of my coworkers are pregnant and then a third coworker is as well who has moved on to another company. I thought I could go to work and it could be a nice distraction from anything baby... I was wrong. I can only imagine how annoying it was to get that email announcement. I hope the rest of your week goes better :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so unnecessary. Gosh, I am so bugged by stuff like this. Just goes to show that person obviously has no clue what other people out there might be going through or simply doesn't care. I'm glad to hear you are limiting your facebook time. It really is such a huge help emotionally. The biggest help for me was just removing the app from my phone and iPad altogether...much less tempting to go on there.

    I'm so OVER the whole LOOK AT ME showboating that happens through social media and mass emails. Sorry you had to read that in a "professional setting." Shake it off & just keep your eyes on your own prize right now! You are doing all the right things to get you to your own goal and you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has to go to a company baby shower for our friend who actually got pregnant through IVF ... Who'da thunk it?! Ugh, he has to contribute to her gift too ... It just sucks ... I'm sorry, girlie. :( Regarding Facebook, I deleted mine in September ... OMG, best thing I could do for myself! xoxo

    ReplyDelete