Tuesday, July 23, 2013

friends

In a previous post, I said my outlook is much different for this transfer. I feel more emotionally prepared and have much more confidence in what the future holds for us. My support system is a huge part of my renewed attitude, and I cannot begin to describe how thankful I am for my dear friend. She always, ALWAYS knows exactly what to say and has truly been here unconditionally for me [and I have not been a pleasant person at times]. Mer, I know you think I'm giving you too much credit, but no one has stuck by my side through every up and down (well, besides Nate!), like you have. Your acceptance of the way I handle things means more than you know. 

In an attempt to not go on too much of a rant here... I've read many posts recently on the topic of strained friendships resulting from this ugly infertility battle. I will be the first to admit that I have not handled my infertility well. With that said though, there isn't a handbook that explains how to cope with every curveball whipped in our direction. We approach each day the best way we can. So, why is it that I feel like the bad guy when some of my own friendships have strayed from what they used to be? Why do I feel as though I am being punished because I don't have my own children? This is a frustration that has been building for quite a while, and I'm open to some insight. 

My thoughts for the day...


You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
       - Eleanor Roosevelt  

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend like that too. It's refreshing when they just 'get it!'

    ReplyDelete