Tuesday, July 9, 2013

a brief complaint

Dear [Slightly Confused] Lab Technician,
When you are drawing a gazillion vials of blood from patients in a fertility clinic, why are you asking me what labs I'm having done? Isn't it obvious that I need my hormone levels checked?!
Also, I know how busy you are, and I can't imagine (oh wait, yes I can...) how much blood you have to draw every day, but is it too much to ask to NOT butcher my arm the next time you draw blood?? I'm confused as to why I have a legitimate cut where the needle was yesterday!
After having a good 2 dozen or so different techs draw blood over the past couple of years, I still cringe when I sit in that chair and now I'm already dreading your presence for next week's blood-work. 
Unhappily,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment