Thursday, June 27, 2013

biopsy results and continuing to de-stress

Oh the dreaded biopsy... not exactly how I wanted to spend the first Monday of my summer vacation. After a long discussion about our options with my doctor, he needed to rule some things out if we wanted to go through with another FET (frozen embryo transfer), and considering that we only have 2 embryos left (boo for that), I agreed to have an endometrial biopsy. Thankfully, I have a wonderful support system and my good friend, Laura, dropped everything and went with me. A biopsy is a biopsy and they aren't fun, so we'll leave it at that :)

To my complete and utter shock, the results were good and I was clear of any abnormalities. THANK YOU LORD! All baseline blood-work earlier this week revealed that my hormone levels are where they needed to be, so here we go again... pray that all of my de-stressing efforts will work their magic this time around and my abnormally small uterus will get the memo that this NEEDS to work... 

On a positive note, I started yoga on Monday! I have terrible commitment issues when it comes to exercising, so yoga seemed like the most logical option. My focus for the past few months has been on eliminating as much stress from my life as possible. I started with acupuncture (which I really love) and now that I have a [substantial] amount of free time, yoga was next on my list. So far, it seems to be a good fit. I invested in a more expensive yoga mat to make myself feel guilty if I don't stick with it. Great tactic, don't you think? ;)


1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha, the the tactic! Glad the biopsy wasn't too bad. I have get one and I'm kinda scared. Good luck with yoga!

    ReplyDelete